Ha HA!
Guybrush Threepwood big_whoop wrote in memebells
Previous Entry Share Next Entry
101. The Text Adventure Meme
Photobucket
THE TEXT ADVENTURE MEME


You are in a Livejournal community on the internet. There are a number of posts on it, each of them containing a number of non-canonical situations affectionately known as "memes." Some of them even have fancy pictures attached to them. You wonder if this one just isn't trying hard enough.

There is a post here.

> READ POST

Which one?

> READ LATEST POST

"Congratulations! You are now the player avatar of a text adventure! You have full control of the setting and the environment! The only problem is, you have no control over your own actions! But don't worry, the people responding to you have all bought copies of it and are more than willing to guide you in the right direction! We hope."

> TRANSLATE INTO CLEARER LANGUAGE


So here's the deal: You devise a setting for a text adventure for your character to star in; the people replying to you get to input commands as to what your character actually DOES, and you show the results of said action. And possibly some snark in the process.

Have fun!

>|

Charles Xavier | Xmen: First Class

WESTCHESTER, NEW YORK: XAVIER MANSION

You are seated in the library in one of the large chairs, perusing a large book. The History and Development of Human Genetics. Fascinating stuff, you could read this all day if you had to but there's other things to be taken care of today. You do have a house full of young mutants that need training after all.

The CHESS BOARD is in front of you. To your left is a DECANTER of scotch on the sideboard table.

Exits are EAST to the kitchen, WEST to the foyer, and SOUTH through the french doors leading outside.

What do you want to do?

>call an emergency staff meeting regarding student performance.

You send a telepathic message to all staff members in the mansion that there is going to be an emergency meeting to discuss student performance.

MOIRA says she'll be there. ERIK is annoyed at having his mind read but agrees to show up. HANK is startled at first by the voice in his head but agrees to come too. And....that's really all the "staff" there is at the moment.

Everyone wants to know where the STAFF MEETING will be held.

Re: Charles Xavier | Xmen: First Class

>BLOW UP EVERYONE'S MIND

I'm sorry but your list of abilities do not include "blow up everyone's mind".

Exits are EAST to the kitchen, WEST to the foyer, and SOUTH through the french doors leading outside.

What do you want to do?

>fuck this game then

>QUIT

>Go to the kitchen.

You put down your book, deciding to finish it later and get up to walk towards the kitchen.

XAVIER MANSION: KITCHEN

The kitchen is large and spacious for a mansion this size. Nearby, SEAN is having a large triple decker sandwich. There is a PILE OF DIRTY DISHES in the sink.

Exits are WEST to the living room, EAST to the hallway.

>Greet Sean

SEAN waves a hello at your greeting, unable to talk around the food in his mouth. You remind him about actually chewing before swallowing.

Exits are WEST to the living room, EAST to the hallway.

>Go west

XAVIER MANSION: LIVING ROOM

You walk into the living room. ERIK is there, a coin floating around and around his hand. He looks up at you with a nod of greeting but doesn't say anything and puts the coin away. He tends to get like this sometimes.

Exits are EAST to the kitchen. There is a window to the NORTH.

> ask if he'd like to play chess

You ask ERIK if he would like to finish your game tonight. He says he is ready when you are as he puts the coin away in his pocket and stands up, heading for the library.

[2/100]

Exits are EAST to the kitchen. There is a window to the NORTH.

>Turn that book into a drinking game to finish off the scotch.

It's kind of early to be drinking that much....oh, it must be late somewhere. You pour yourself a glass of scotch and start picking out what words to take a drink on. "Gene" and "evolve" seem to be the more prevalent words so we'll start with those.

After a half hour, the entire DECANTER is empty and you can't even read the page anymore. You also do feel very irresponsible about drinking all of that in one go when you were supposed to be training young mutants today.

What do you want to do?

>Go EAST to the kitchen.

Somehow you manage to make it to your feet and to the kitchen without falling down.

XAVIER MANSION: KITCHEN

The kitchen is large and spacious for a mansion this size. Nearby, ALEX is having a large triple decker sandwich. At least you think it's ALEX, right now he looks like a blurry mess thanks to the scotch you have consumed. ALEX gives you a confused look as you try to stay upright.

>Stumble and fall on the floor.

The FLOOR rushes up to meet you and you say hello back as it smacks you in the face. You contemplate the FLOOR for a few seconds, wondering why this particular shade of yellow and red was chosen. Unfortunately for you though, the red is not part of the floor tiling, it's BLOOD from hitting your NOSE against the FLOOR. [HP 18/20] Ow.

ALEX hurries over and freaks out over the BLOOD, not knowing what to do.

>Get up. Tell Alex that you're fine. Get an ice pack or something.

You struggle to a sitting position and calmly tell ALEX that you are fine. Of course, it doesn't come out entirely coherent due to you being smashed to the gills but you're fairly certain you at least got ALEX'S name right.

ALEX is still freaking out, which isn't good considering how volatile his ability is.
Do you...

>Telepathically tell him to calm down
>Manipulate him to fall asleep
>Duck before his powers activate and slice you in two

>Telepathically tell him to chill out, man.

Your hand moves quickly, putting two fingers to the side of your head as you reach for Alex's mind and give him a telepathic message.

No, wait, Alex! Calm down. I'm alright.

The voice in his head surprises him enough and he does calm down, not wanting to slice you in two accidentally. Whew, that was close!

Exits are WEST back to the library and EAST to the foyer.

You have a bloody nose and are very drunk.

> Go EAST.

(no subject) - ihearyouthink, 2011-08-21 11:59 am (UTC)(Expand)
?

Log in